Cape May NJ Bed and Breakfast
The Mason Cottage was built in 1871 by Edward A. Warne, a wealthy Philadelphia entrepreneur, and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Purchased in 1940 by the Mason Family, it was not long after that Wilber Davis Mason, Sr. opened his home as a guesthouse to weary travelers. The current owners acquired the home in early 2009 and have lovingly renovated their Cape May Bed and Breakfast blending history with modern sensibility. The same charm and friendly atmosphere created in the last 60 years of guest operations continues today in full force, with some new modern touches we hope you’ll enjoy, such as:
Victorian period gas fireplace in parlor
Guest I-Pad with internet in the Parlor
- WIFI throughout the Inn
- Flat screen HDTV’s and Bluetooth wireless FM Radios in all rooms
- Luxurious Tarocco bath amenities
- Comfy cotton robes
- Guest ice machine, refrigerator and microwave
- 24-hour gourmet coffee & tea bar
- Bikes, beach towels and beach chairs available free of charge
- Iron/ironing board available upon request
- Lovely Victorian gardens throughout the property
A full gourmet breakfast is included
in your stay
Breakfast is always a delight at our Cape May Inn.
From delectable fresh baked goods and breads to delicious breakfast dishes, we offer something for every taste. Breakfast is served at 9:00 a.m. daily. You are welcome to enjoy your morning meal in our beautiful dining room or on the veranda. A typical breakfast may include:
Guests can enjoy breakfast and tea-time in our beautiful dining room or on the Veranda in the warmer months.
- Coffee and tea, along with an assortment of fruit juices
- Fresh baked muffins, bread, scones or coffeecake
- Fresh seasonal fruit
- A hot entree such as a hearty breakfast casseroles, pancakes or French toast
- Delicious and healthy steel-cut oats with fresh berries, honey and cream
- Breakfast meats and potatoes
It’s Back – Our 6 Months of Chocolate Decadence at Tea Time!
Every October 1st through March 31st, tea-time gets a whole lot sweeter – everything’s Chocolate! This is for serious chocoholics only – no amateurs, please! Our chocolate decadent treats change daily, but may include:
- Hot tea selection, such as chocolate mint Oolong or Chocolate hazelnut
- Seasonal drinks such as European haute chocolate
- Our Award Winning “Everything, but the Kitchen Sink Brownies”
- An assortment of delicious chocolate pies, cookies or cupcakes
- Hand-dipped chocolate strawberries, dried fruit, nuts or Oreos
Afternoon tea is a special time at the cottage and is available to all guests from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM daily.
It’s tea time at The Mason Cottage…
We hope that you save room for dinner after tea-time, as Cape May is filled with many wonderful restaurants. If you need reservations for evening dining, simply look over our supply of menus in the parlor or ask for assistance with recommendations or reservations.